Verizon Executive Education Center
Main Lobby access included in the rental of Event Space.
Capacity: 300 theater style; 150 at 10 Person Rounds
Gallery Event/ Pre-function
Capacity: 74 persons
Capacity: 74 persons
Small Conference Room
Capacity: 8 persons
The Graduate Hotel
Coming Summer 2020.
About Our Location
Centrally located in New York City, one subway stop from Midtown, The Verizon Center facilitates collaboration between the tech, academic, and business sectors in a gathering place like no other. Our Roosevelt Island location offers exclusivity and tranquility with all of the accessibility and connectivity expected of a venue in the heart of Manhattan.
- A 5-minute walk from the Roosevelt Island station on the F train.
- One subway stop from Lexington Ave / 63rd Street station and Q, N, R, W, 4, 5 and 6 trains.
- 25 minutes to LaGuardia Airport (LGA), 45 minutes to JFK Airport (JFK), 55 minutes to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR).
- 20 minutes by train, with no transfers, to The Cornell Club and Cornell Campus-to-Campus Bus Service
- The Roosevelt Island Tramway offers a scenic, novel way to experience mass transit in New York City. As the most modern aerial tramway in the world, the tram runs every 7 to 15 minutes from 59th Street and Second Avenue in Manhattan to Tramway Plaza on Roosevelt Island.
- On-site accommodations will be available in our state-of-the-art Graduate Roosevelt Island Hotel at Cornell Tech opening Summer 2020.
About the Building
- Our large event space is ideal for conferences, banquets, receptions, and keynote lectures. With floor-to-ceiling windows, breathtaking views, flexible seating, and full AV capabilities, this space accommodates 300 guests seated theatre style or 150 guests at 10-person rounds.
- Dedicated registration space and/or small reception space in our airy entrance lobby is included with your main event space reservation. The entrance lobby can also be rented separately when the event space is not in use.
- Four classrooms (74-person capacity), four large meeting rooms (14-person capacity), and 12 small meeting rooms (8-person capacity) offer flexible seating, white boards and display monitors with easy laptop connections.
- Two galleries with open lounge spaces, casual seating and tables are perfect for pre-function activities or as an informal setting for breaks, meals or receptions. Each gallery accommodates up to 74 guests.
- Wifi access is complimentary for all guests.
First floor event space featuring 300-capacity seating.
Second floor floor plan.
Third floor floor plan.
About the Cornell Tech Campus
Cornell Tech’s degree programs and research initiatives provide responsive approaches to the rapid emergence of technologies and their societal impact in the digital age. Cornell Tech offers seven doctoral programs and seven master’s programs, including three dual-degree programs with the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology through the Jacobs Cornell-Technion Institute.
Cornell Tech’s world-class faculty, graduate students, researchers, and postdoctoral entrepreneurs are focused on building better tuned, highly valuable and more accessible technology for commercial and community use. Key to Cornell Tech is its commitment to growing the tech sector within New York City.
The new, 700,000-square-foot Cornell Tech campus is located on Roosevelt Island in Manhattan. This highly sustainable and open campus, designed by a team of award-winning architects, will expand to house two million square feet of state-of-the-art buildings, over two acres of open space, and more than 2,000 graduate students and hundreds of faculty and staff.