Security & Privacy
Blockchain, Cryptocurrencies, and Cryptocontracts
- Ari Juels Computer Science Field Member, Cornell CIS
Labs & Initiatives
Nicola Dell is an Associate Professor at the Jacobs Technion-Cornell Institute at Cornell Tech and in the Information Science Department at Cornell University.
Research focus: Designing, building, and evaluating novel computing systems that improve the lives of underserved populations in low-income regions
Weill Family Foundation and Joan and Sanford I. Weill Professor
Jack and Rilla Neafsey Dean and Vice Provost, Cornell Tech
Greg Morrisett is the Jack and Rilla Neafsey Dean and Vice Provost of Cornell Tech and a faculty member in the Computer Science Department at Cornell University.
Research focus: The application of programming language technology for building secure, reliable, and high-performance software systems
Helen Nissenbaum is a Professor at Cornell Tech and in the Information Science Department at Cornell University.
Research focus: Ethical perspective on policy, law, science, and engineering relating to information technology, computing, digital media and data science
Research Highlight: Ari Juels on Blockchains and Smart Contracts
Professor Ari Juels focuses his research on blockchains. Here, he discusses how smart contracts impact cryptocurrency transactions.
Built at Cornell Tech
Oso makes backend infrastructure security invisible for developers, and simple for operations. Oso is a normalized and consistent interface to core security controls – authentication, authorization, end-to-end encryption, and auditing.
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Cornell University Department of Computer Science
- Cornell University Department of Information Science
- EPFL (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne)
- ETH Zürich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich)
- Jacobs Technion-Cornell Institute
- New York City Mayor’s Office to End Domestic and Gender-Based Violence (ENDGBV)
- Technion – Israel Institute of Technology
- University College London
- University of California Berkeley
- University of Illinois Urbana–Champaign