Classes & Instruction
Preparing for Online Instruction
- To install Zoom, the directions are here: https://it.cornell.edu/zoom/install-zoom-software
- Cameras/Microphones recommendations
- Connect to the class or meeting with the Zoom meeting number or link/invitation that you were provided for your class.
- Muting/unmuting: by default many classes or meetings your microphone is muted at the beginning of the session. Please be sure to unmute your microphone to speak, and mute your microphone when you are not speaking.
- Video conference etiquette
Frequently Asked Questions
What are there advantages to living on campus for hybrid instruction?
Being on campus is a convenience that allows students to more easily attend in-person class components. International students should refer to the Office of Global Learning FAQs to understand the implications of being on campus to their immigration status.
What if I am able to come to New York City, but don’t want to?
Cornell Tech will provide the same level of support to all students regardless of location.
What are the requirements to participate in the accelerated Summer 2021 semester?
We intend to offer an accelerated Summer 2021 semester for students who still need to meet graduation and/or visa requirements at no additional cost as long as students do not take more courses than they need to meet graduation requirements