The 2019-2020 application for all Cornell Tech Master's programs will be available on Wednesday, August 1, 2018.
There are three applications deadlines for the Johnson Cornell Tech MBA application:
Round 1 -
Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST
Round 2 - Thursday, November 15, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST
Round 3 - Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 11:59 pm EST
After the final deadline, applications may be considered on a rolling case-by-case basis.
Submitted applications will be reviewed after each Round deadline. Applications that are submitted after a Round deadline will be moved to the following Round. Submitted applications that are incomplete will be moved to the following Round and will only be considered after they are complete.
Please allow 3-4 weeks after the Round deadline for an admission's decision. All finalists will be invited to an interview with the Admissions Committee.
Records or Transcripts*
Please provide copies of your academic records from each previously attended university along with proof of graduation from a Bachelor's program.
For academic records that are not in English, applicants must also provide a certified English translation.
IELTS Score Report (international applicants only)*
Applicants whose first language is not English must submit a valid TOEFL (minimum 100) or IELTS (minimum 7.0 overall band) score. To see if you qualify for an English test waiver, please read Johnson's Application Requirements.
GRE Score Report*
A GRE or GMAT score report is required for all MBA applicants and cannot be waived. If you submit multiple scores, your highest score will be considered. There is no set GRE or GMAT score minimum to be considered for admission.
Your resume must list your professional history (with dates of employment), academic background (with dates of attendance and graduation), and any skills or activities that are relevant for your admission into this program. Your resume should be no longer than 2 pages in length.
In lieu of a traditional Personal Statement, students may submit a website, video, slide deck, and/or essay to answer the following questions:
1. Why are you applying to the
Johnson Cornell Tech MBA?
2. What technical skills and professional experience do you have that are relevant for this program?
3. How would you uniquely contribute to your class and the greater Johnson and Cornell Tech communities?
4. What are your short- and long-term career goals after graduation?
While we encourage you to be as
creative as you desire for this portion of the application, please abide by
- Links should only be to reputable websites and in English. (Links that may pose a security risk or that are not in English will not be reviewed.)
- Videos should be under 3 minutes in length and uploaded to a reputable website (ex. YouTube, Vimeo).
- Slide decks must be uploaded directly to the application or to a reputable website. (Links to Google Drive or any other shared folder will not be reviewed.)
- If you submit media that was not created specifically for this application, include a separate essay that explains how it is relevant to your application.
- Essays should be under 3 pages, double-spaced.
Please note that Cornell Tech Admissions cannot individually advise applicants on their Creativity Statements.
Your letter of recommendation should come from a current or former manager, supervisor, or someone who has worked with you in a professional capacity. We advise that you do not choose clients, co-founders, or colleagues to write your recommendation.
A nonrefundable $200 application fee is required in order to submit your application.
If you have any questions about the application or application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
*You may submit unofficial copies of your academic records and test scores for the application; however, if you are admitted and enroll, you will be required to submit official copies of these documents prior to matriculation. For more information, read Johnson’s Application Requirements.